Here are the current volunteer opportunities:
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Grocery Delivery - Volunteers deliver groceries and pet food from the food pantry at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, on Sherman Ave., to seniors on the North/Eastside of town once each month (typically the 3rd week of the month). Must have your own transportation. Tuesday Delivery @ 5:00pm. Wednesday Delivery @ 10:45am.
- Dining Site Volunteer - A volunteer is needed on Fridays to assist in serving meals, clean up and doing dishes. Training provided.
- Bingo Callers We need Bingo callers on Fridays from 10:15-11:30. No previous experience needed!
Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities:
- Home Chore Volunteers - Volunteers are matched with an older that lives independently but requires assistance with one or more tasks around the home.
- Seasonal Home Chore Volunteers
- Mow – Volunteers are matched with an older adult who needs assistance mowing their lawn in summer.
- Rake – Volunteers help older adults who need assistance raking their leave in fall.
- Snow Removal – Volunteers are matched with an older adult who needs assistance shoveling their sidewalk and driveway in the winter.
- Newsletter Mailing – Volunteers seal and label NESCO’s monthly newsletter (The Golden Times) – occurs at the end of the month.
To receive information on volunteering contact NESCO at (608) 243-5252