The primary goal for the cultural diversity program is to reduce isolation for African American senior adults. The program identifies the barriers that prevent African American seniors from accessing community services and assists in removing these obstacles. Programs center around socialization and building a sense of community. African American seniors increase their knowledge of community resources and become comfortable attending community events. All African American senior adults (55 years and older) who reside in Dane County are welcome to attend.
What services are offered through the Program?
- Monthly African American discussion groups
- Health and wellness programs, (e.g. fall prevention & healthy eating)
- Social programs to reduce isolation
- Bi-monthly newsletter
- Limited transportation is available to attend programs
- Referrals to a focal point case manager (throughout Dane County)
Click Here for the African American Cultural Diversity Program newsletter.
For more information, please contact the Cultural Diversity Specialist at (608) 243-5252.
African American Cultural Diversity Newsletter